How Is It Already October?!
Time is flying, and I have mixed feelings about it. While yes, October is my favorite month, I do wish time would slow down a little.
Every month, I love to look back and reflect on the things I've accomplished and experienced. I'm a few days late on this (life has been quite busy lately), but here are my September highlights:
- My best friend and college roommate, Alex, traveled from Atlanta to San Diego over Labor Day Weekend. So much beach time, catching up, beer and baseball. It was the perfect weekend, and I was really sad to see her go back to the East Coast as I have yet to find that type of connection in San Diego. Long distance friendships, like relationships, are hard.
- I was featured in POPSUGAR Fitness again! This piece was originally written for Eat Drink & Be Skinny!
- I was also published in Southern California magazine - LOCALE - where I am now an active contributing writer!
- I went camping for the second time in Joshua Tree with some coworkers and significant others. The sunset and stars were gorgeous, I got to scramble across rocks for hours and I was able to spend quality time with quality people without cell phones being a distraction. On our way home, we stopped through the Salton Sea and Slab City. My favorite part? The installation art in East Jesus!
- On the day I was supposed to run Ragnar Cascades, I went on a San Diego adventure. I ate breakfast along the bay, hobbled along secret bridges downtown, sipped coffee at Caffe Calabria, read in the warm Coronado sand and drank at Border X Brewing. It was honestly one of my favorite days to date.
- I started dating a guy I am absolutely smitten with, and I couldn't be happier about it. Enough sap for now (as I cheesily smile while typing...).
Honestly, September didn't go as planned. I fractured my hip (again), I missed a much-anticipated trip to Seattle, my apartment basically started falling apart and my anxiety has really been affecting my day-to-day life. But, I'm focused on all the good things I mentioned above.
I can't wait to see what my favorite month brings!