New Blog, Who Dis?
Welcome to Espresso & Endorphins!
If you're new - hello & welcome! I'm glad you stopped by! If you're an avid follower, you may have noticed my blog's name has changed and that things look just a little different around here.
So why Espresso & Endorphins and no more The Post Grad Files? Well, there's a few reasons...
1. As much as I love to think I'm still young (and am constantly reminded by others that I indeed am), I have grown more and more distanced from college. I'm no longer a recent graduate - and I need to stop comparing everything to college because truthfully, I need to stop living in the past. So, it was time for a change that reflected this period in my life.
2. When I started thinking about a new blog name, I asked myself what I wrote most often about - and what I wanted people to get from the blog. After a lot of lunchtimes spent at the Starbucks down the street thinking on these questions, I arrived at two major points. I write my blog honestly - I don't hold back from my very real, and often messy, feelings. I want people to feel connected and to feel like they're part of an authentic conversation - one similar you would have with a best friend over a cup of piping hot espresso (or tea - you do you). But, I also spend a lot of time on this blog talking about fitness and my journey to find what type of fitness and health lifestyle really makes me happy. Ultimately, I want to continue to share this health and post-running-career journey with others.
3. I'm making a commitment myself to blog more because it's something I'm truly passionate about and it makes me pretty darn happy to write. So, just like new clothes may inspire you to work out more, a new name was inspiring to me. Call me crazy, but I swear it works.
4. My initials are EE, and I'm a fan of continuity, especially with self-branding. Emily Elyse - Espresso & Endorphins. It works.
So what does this mean for you, the reader?
1. You still will get to enjoy all my honest content - it may have a little more fitness spin than normal! That's it! Everything is going to stay the same, and I'm so excited to embark on this journey with you.
Want to know more? Check out my About Me for some more background & make sure to subscribe!
PS - Do you love my new logo? I do! Thank you Two Yellow Dog Creative for the work - it's amazing!