My 2018 Goals
Happy New Year! I can't believe it's 2018. I vividly remember putting on "2000" shaped glasses in first grade to celebrate the new century?! And now, here we are 18 years later...
Last night I celebrated the new year with a drink (Malevolent Grain - gin, tequila, ancho chile liquor, rice nectar, charcoal & singed rosemary) at Kindred in South Park. I continued to the celebration with a game of Cards Against Humanity, a glass of bubbly and some reflective conversation until the clock struck midnight. It was the perfect chill evening (read: no hangover!) spent with great friends. If this is a sign for the year ahead, well...I'm on a pretty solid path.
While I can babble on and on about the last year of my life (because naturally, it informs this upcoming year), I'd rather focus on what's coming up and what I'm looking forward to. Plus - you can always peep what I did in 2017 in my monthly recaps.
So, in that vein, here's what I want to accomplish in the next 12 months - and hopefully writing these goals down will keep me accountable:
- Completing a 200-hour yoga teacher training program.
- Handwriting a note once a week to individual(s) who impact my life that specific week.
- Volunteering at least 100 hours at the San Diego Zoo.
- Visiting at least 2 new cities.
- Blogging at least twice a week.
- Reading at least 12 books.
- Completing the 52 hike challenge.
- Putting my phone away one hour before I hit the hay.
While I always set year-long goals, I also set month-long challenges or goals. This month, I will be working to complete the Whole30. Wish me luck!
Beyond goals for 2018, though, the word that I want to focus on this upcoming year is joy.