Bye, Bye July
It's already August 1, and time is flying faster than ever! Where did summer go?! Good thing I live in the land of perpetual summer, I suppose.
July was pretty amazing - in big and small ways. Too often I get so focused on the negatives, so it's always nice to actually think about the awesome things I accomplished these last four weeks. Some highlights:
- I spent my Fourth of July weekend climbing up mountains, playing in hot springs, staring at constellations and life chatting.
- I finally saw my first sub-6:00 mile since November.
- I was the first female finisher in November Project's Comic-Con 5k! And yes, I wore a dress.
- I saw my dad finish his first half-Ironman at age 47!! Wow. I consequently decided I have no desire to compete in triathlons, sorry dad. And...I realized my dad (who is regularly featured on TV) is just way cooler than me.
- I celebrated my first full year of living in San Diego and the first year with my current company.
- I picked up trail running again for the first time in 6 years - and made it to the top of Cowles for the first time ever.
- I saw some pretty terrific sunsets.
- I think I finally found a home-base church in San Diego.
- I finished Better Call Saul & watched countless episodes of Entourage. I also finished three books. Small victories, people.
- I camped in Joshua Tree, watching the Delta Aquarid meteor shower, hiking to an abandoned mine and playing on so many fun rocks with amazing new friends. Laying on rocks watching the Milky Way has never made me feel so small.
I'm looking forward to this final month of "summer" and the many adventures ahead.